The On-call Collection program provides Sunnyvale residents in single family, duplex, triplex and mobile homes with an opportunity to have extra garbage and bulky items picked up curbside twice a year. You must make an appointment with the Utility Customer Service at (408) 730-7400 to schedule an appointment by 2 p.m. the day before your scheduled garbage service day. This program replaces the spring and fall curbside clean up events. Residents will still be able to bring extra garbage at No Charge to the SMaRT® Station during Extra Dumping weekends.
Two Cubic Yards + Two Bulky Items:At each On-Call appointment residents may place up to two cubic yards of non-hazardous household goods at curbside, (equivalent to a space six feet long, three feet wide and three feet high). In addition, residents may include two bulky items with the two cubic yards of material.
Household Items Specialty will Collect:
- 32 gallon cans under 70 pounds
- 32 gallon bags under 30 pounds
- Household goods in cardboard boxes (up to 3' by 2' by 2' and under 25 pounds)
- Carpets, padding and tree trimmings bundled in lengths of 4 feet or less and not exceeding 1 foot in diameter
- Corrugated cardboard - broken down and flattened
- NEW- Consumer electronics such as televisions or computer monitors, laptops, printers, radios, stereos, lamps, small appliances
Bulky Items Specialty will Collect:
- Refrigerators & Freezers (tape doors shut)
- Washers/Dryers & Hot Water Heaters
- Sofas, Large Chairs & Big Screen TVs
(Two bulky items may be included per appointment.)