Commercial Garbage Collection

Commercial solid waste service is provided to commercial and industrial customers. We also service apartments, select condominiums and townhouses.

We Provide:

Garbage Bin

Dimensions Bin
1 Cubic Bin
2 Cubic Bin
3 Cubic Bin
4 Cubic Bin
6 Cubic Bin
8 Cubic Box
15 Cubic Box
20 Cubic Box
30 Cubic box

When will the garbage bins or cans be picked up?

The customer and Specialty will set the schedule. To initiate service, call the Sunnyvale Commercial Utility Dept at (408) 730-7400.

Will your garbage truck drive onto the property?

Yes. But if you have a 1, 2, 3, or 4 cubic yard bin and don’t want the collection vehicle on your property, you can push the bin to the curb by 7:00 am on collection day. Return trips will require an extra charge.

Garbage bin

Can your driver push the bin or container out to the street?

Yes, if you have a 1, 2, or 3 cubic yard bin, you can pay an extra fee for a push-out service.

I have a larger bin, debris box or compactor. Can your driver push it out to the street?

No, sorry. Customers with larger bins, debris boxes, and compactors must agree to allow collection vehicles on their property and relieve Specialty of any liability for normal wear and tear to paved areas.

I have a garbage compactor. Will you service it?

Yes. Commercial customers may supply their own 1-30 cubic yard compactors. We’ll service compactors on a weekly schedule. If you are considering purchasing a compactor, or other container type, contact Specialty at (408) 565-9900. We’ll discuss service charges and container compatibility with collection equipment.

My garbage wasn’t collected! What happened?

See the reasons below. If pickup isn’t possible, we’ll leave a tag on your cart explaining why not. To understand more, call (408) 565-9900 or visit How to Get Rid of.

  • The cart contained prohibited materials
  • was overloaded
  • wasn’t accessible.

What are prohibited materials?

See list below for items we cannot pickup in your cart. If you need to dispose of any of the prohibited materials below, refer to Household Hazardous Waste or call the Sunnyvale Recycling center (SMaRT Station®) at (408) 752-8530.

  • computer monitors and televisions (cathode ray tubes)
  • fluorescent light bulbs or tubes
  • hazardous materials or products
  • caustic, corrosive or toxic chemicals
  • paints and other liquids
  • tires
  • auto parts
  • large dead animals (larger than a cat)
  • dirt or sod
  • “Sharps” like needles or syringes

Needles, Syringes & Lancets – Sharps:

Please ask your pharmacy or health care provider to provide you with a specially-designed “sharps” container. When this is full, you can bring it to our SMaRT Station®: 301 Carl Rd. Thank you for helping protect our workers.