The customer and Specialty will set the schedule. To initiate service, call the Sunnyvale Commercial Utility Dept at (408) 730-7400.
Yes, Please have bins/carts ready for collection by 7 a.m., trucks will enter and service receptacles unless pre-approved for alternative collection/staging area. Return trips will require an extra charge.
Yes, if you have a 1, 2, or 3 cubic yard bin, you can pay an extra fee for a push-out service.
No, sorry. Customers with larger bins, debris boxes, and compactors must agree to allow collection vehicles on their property and relieve Specialty of any liability for normal wear and tear to paved areas.
Yes. Commercial customers may supply their own 1-40 cubic yard compactors. We’ll service compactors on a weekly schedule. If you are considering purchasing a compactor, or other container type, contact Specialty at (408) 565-9900. We’ll discuss service charges and container compatibility with collection equipment.
See the reasons below. If pickup isn’t possible, we’ll leave a tag on your cart explaining why not. To understand more, call (408) 565-9900 or visit How to Get Rid of Anything.
- Cart overfilled, lid won’t close.
- The cart wasn’t at the curb by 7 am.
- There wasn’t a prepaid tag on the extra bag.
- Cart too heavy/overfilled.
- Driver might have tagged.
- Driver could still be out on route (6pm).
- Bin wasn’t accessible.
- Bin was overfilled.
- Garbage was spilled on the ground.
- It contained prohibited materials (auto parts, tires, hazardous or e-waste.)
See list below for items we cannot pickup in your cart. If you need to dispose of any of the prohibited materials below, refer to HHW or call the Sunnyvale Recycling center (SMaRT Station®) at (408) 299-7300.
- Computer monitors and televisions (cathode ray tubes)
- Fluorescent light bulbs or tubes
- Hazardous materials or products
- Caustic, corrosive or toxic chemicals
- Paints and other liquids
- Auto parts
- Dirt or sod
- “Sharps” like needles or syringes