(call for available sizes)
My garbage wasn’t collected! What happened?
See the reasons below. If pickup isn’t possible, we’ll leave a tag on your cart explaining why not. To understand more, call (408) 565-9900.
- Cart or bin overfilled.
- The cart wasn’t at the curb by 7 am.
- There wasn’t a prepaid tag on the extra bag.
- Cart or bin too heavy.
- Driver could still be out on route (6pm).
- Bin wasn’t accessible.
- Garbage was spilled on the ground.
- It contained prohibited materials (auto parts, tires, hazardous or e-waste.) Visit How to Get Rid of Anything.
What are prohibited materials?
See list below for items we cannot pickup in your cart. If you need to dispose of any of the prohibited materials below, refer to HHW or call the Sunnyvale Recycling center (SMaRT Station®) at (408) 299-7300.
- Computer monitors and televisions (cathode ray tubes)
- Fluorescent light bulbs or tubes
- Hazardous materials or products
- Caustic, corrosive or toxic chemicals
- Paints and other liquids
- Auto parts
- Dirt or sod
- “Sharps” like needles or syringes