We have a standard formula to determine how many Light Blue (Container recycling) and Dark Blue (Paper recycling) carts each property should have.
Based on waste characterization studies, the formula is:
# of units X 0.3 = total cubic yards of garbage and recycling generated
Of those total cubic yards of garbage and recycling, 20% can be Container and Paper recycling, and 10% can be Cardboard recycling. Quantity and Quality standards apply for Cardboard-only bins.
Dark Blue Cart
Light Blue Cart
for paper products
- Catalogs, magazines, paperblack books
- Newspaper and inserts
- Junk mail
- Paper boxes (cereal, tissue, etc. remove inserts)
- Office paper
- Non-metallic gift wrap and greeting cards
- Cardboard (small pieces ok, see below)
- Glass bottles and jars*
- Metal cans
- Plastic bottles and tubs* (i.e. shampoo, detergent, yogurt)
- Milk, soup and juice cartons*
- Clean foil ok
*Rinse containers, remove and recycle lids.
If pickup isn’t possible, we’ll leave a tag on your cart explaining why not. We’re not able to pick up the following items.
- Motor oil mixed with other liquids
- Non recyclable plastic
- Window/auto glass & crushed glass
- Ceramics & porcelain
- Black Plastic