Yard Trimming Collection. We provide:
What can I put in the yard trimmings cart?
Grass, leaves, small branches and other garden trimmings.
What if I have more yard trimmings than can fit in the cart with the lid closed?
Put the excess in your own 32-gallon cart and label it “Yard Waste.” Put your cart close to the yard trimmings cart and we’ll collect it. You can also set out branches if they’re in bundles no larger than 4’ x 1’.
My yard trimmings cart wasn’t emptied! What happened?
It may have contained one of the items below. If pickup isn’t possible, we’ll leave a tag on your cart explaining why not. You can dispose of these items as garbage or visit How to Get Rid of.
These materials are not accepted in the yard trimmings cart:
- food scraps, fruits or vegetables
- ice plant, cactus, yucca, palm fronds, poison oak, poison ivy, bamboo, or ivy
- painted trees, rocks or gravel concrete, asphalt, bricks, dirt, sod, bamboo
- plastic bags or building or demolition materials, such as wood, metal or sheetrock
- stumps or branches larger than 6” in diameter and 4’ long
- painted or pressure treated wood
Will you pick up my Christmas Tree?
Yes! Every holiday season we do “Tree-cycling”. Just make sure your tree is cut 4 feet or shorter and doesn’t have any nails or decorations. Put your old tree curbside or in your yard trimmings cart on your regular garbage collection day.