Grass, leaves, small branches and other garden trimmings.
Put the excess in your own 32-gallon cart and label it “Yard Waste.” Put your cart close to the yard trimmings cart and we’ll collect it. You can also set out branches if they’re in bundles no larger than 4’ x 1’.
It may have contained one of the items below. If pickup isn’t possible, we’ll leave a tag on your cart explaining why not. You can dispose of these items as garbage or visit How to Get Rid of Anything.
These materials are not accepted in the yard trimmings cart:
- food scraps, fruits or vegetables
- ice plant, cactus, yucca, palm fronds, poison oak, poison ivy, bamboo, or ivy
- painted trees, rocks or gravel concrete, asphalt, bricks, dirt, sod, bamboo
- plastic bags or building or demolition materials, such as wood, metal or sheetrock
- stumps or branches larger than 6” in diameter and 4’ long
- painted or pressure treated wood
Yes! Every holiday season we do “Tree-cycling”. Remember to put your Christmas tree in your yard trimmings cart if the lid can close or at the curb for recycling. Cut it into four-foot lengths and remove the decorations and stand. Trees will be collected on regular garbage collection day.